St Filumena’s School Specific Development Plan 2018 – 2019 Headlines
Key Area 1- Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- To ensure that the new Local Governing Body (LGB) are appropriately skilled and critically challenging to drive school improvement.
- Strengthen leadership of English and Mathematics (shadow lead development) so that they have an excellent understanding of the overall effectiveness of their subjects being taught throughout the school.
- Strengthen subject leadership so that the curriculum planning supports the progress of all pupils.
- Establish the senior leadership team and ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- To ensure the vision statement is fully integrated across the academy.
- Communicate more effectively with all stakeholders.
- Promote a positive image of St Filumena’s Catholic Primary School within the community and beyond.
Key Area 2- Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- To ensure that the curriculum is engaging pupils and stimulating for teaching and learning opportunities. Maximises use of outside space and incorporates ‘Forest School’ styled learning/activities.
- To ensure all teaching is at least ‘good’ and is frequently ‘outstanding’.
- TAs deployed effectively to support teaching and learning, interventions as well as ensuring quality communication with class teacher or relevant agencies.
- To ensure assessment/moderation is accurate and effective in progressing future learning; all year groups are working towards 90% of children working at the ‘expected standard’ and at least 33% at the higher standard.
- To ensure most able children are being challenged in order to achieve ‘greater depth’ by the end of KS2.
- To ensure middle ability pupil premium children are targeted for higher level outcomes throughout the school.
Key Area 3 – Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- To ensure that the engagement of children is monitored consistently.
- Improve overall levels of attendance to meet 97% outstanding target.
- Ensure procedures are fully in place to deal with undesirable behaviour and these behaviours are tracked and analysed appropriately.
- Effective communication with parents in order to limit escalation of undesirable behaviours.
- Further improve behaviour for learning so that pupils take ownership of their learning and progress.
- Implement well-being award strategies across the school.
- Ensure the Catholic Curriculum, BV and SMSVC is embedded throughout all SOL.
Key Area 4- Outcomes for Pupils
- Ensure progress/attainment data is consistent between classes and year groups.
- Ensure increase in the % of children achieving the expected standard in reading at the end of both KS1 and KS2.
- Ensure increase in the % of children (at the end of KS1 / throughout KS2) achieving the expected standard and greater depth in writing.
- Ensure increase in the % of children in KS1 achieving greater depth in Maths.
- Ensure increase in the % of children in KS2 achieving greater depth in Reading.
- Ensure increase in the % of children in KS2 achieving the expected standard and greater depth in Maths.
- Ensure increase in the % of children in KS2 achieving combined in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Ensure all progress measures are positive/all pupils make at least expected progress between key stages, and across their individual year group.
- To ensure vulnerable groups are diminishing the difference: effective quality first teaching and intervention ensure this.
Key Area 5 – Effectiveness of the Early Years Provision: Quality and Standards
- Ensure good EYFS provision in all areas of the Early Learning Goals, including planned opportunities for exceeding in all ELG throughout the year.
- Continue to develop the outdoor learning environment and make the most of ‘Forest School’ styled learning.
- Ensure a balance between written evidence, observations and pupil led learning for R/W/M.
- Promote EYFS techniques and styles throughout KS1.
- Ensure all adults in the EYFS know how to record meaningful notes for assessment.
- Ensure smooth transitions at the beginning and end of the year.