Pupil Premium at St Filumena’s Catholic Primary School
The Pupil premium is extra funding the school can receive to support children's education. At St Filumena’s we use the extra funding to provide pupils with fair and equal opportunities so that they achieve well in all areas of the school.
Our aim is to provide first class education and to develop the potential of all pupils in our care.
Our Mission Statement:
At St Filumena’s
we share the truth of the Catholic faith
through our love of God,
love of each other
and love of our community.
At St Filumena’s we are passionate about the educational and personal development of your child. Pupil Premium funds are used to help the pupils in a lots of ways - including academic and non-academic areas - to support the attainment and progress of our pupils. These include:
- Progress and Attendance support
- Pupil Well-being
- School educational visits
- Opportunities for extra-curricular activity
- Educational support
Please note that Pupil Premium Funding is best used on providing best quality teaching and learning. This may also benefit other groups of pupils. (Pupil Premium Myths EEF Guidance, 2019).
Who can get the Pupil Premium Funds?
Pupils are eligible for Pupil Premium if certain criteria are met. These are:
- Free School Meals Children - children who get, or have had, free school meals in of any the last six years
- Looked after Children in the care of the local authority
- Children who are previously looked after by the local authority due to adoption, guardianship or residence order
- Service children - children who get the service child premium in any of the previous 4 years as well as those recorded as a service child for the first time this year.
If you think that you may be able to help the school to receive the Pupil Premium for your child please contact the school office who will provide you with a form to complete, as well as guidance on the completion of the form.
To check if your child qualifies for the Pupil Premium, you can apply directly to the local authority by telephone (0300 111 8007) or online at www.staffordshire.gov.uk/education/educationalawardsbenefits/freeschoolmeals
If you have any questions, please contact the school about the Pupil Premium and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about how our school can best support your child.